Integration of the Infocaller API
The Infocaller API allows you to gather all your calls’ information and to automate many tasks by communicating Infocaller with your online applications.
We will start by explaining what an API is. Application Programming Interface (API) is a set of rules (code) and specifications that computer applications can follow to communicate with each other. They serve as an interface between different programs.
The advantage of the API is you can use the existing functions in other software.
Infocaller allows your applications to log, in real time, the activity of the received calls and interact with them by exchanging call data or data that the caller has provided by dialing.
There are 2 sets of functions: Informative and Interactive. The first set is used for your appplication to collect call data. The second is used to exchange data between calls and applications. We show you some examples of what our interactive API can do:
- To make surveys and record answers.
- Request an order number or delivery note by dialing, to fetch the status of the order from your application and communicate it to the caller by automatic speech.
- Pass the calling number to the application and obtain, from the application, the telephone number to which the call should be routed. For example, for when each client has a team, a head office or an assigned person to assist him.
- Automate appointment requests
- And an infinite number of applications you can think of…
Informative functions: Login/ Configure / General tab. Go to API Configuration. You can configure up to 4 informative events:
- Start of call
- Successful call routing
- Failed call routing
- End of call
At the moment the events occur, Infocaller launches a call to the URL defined by the user. In each call to the URL, the data available in the call is sent.
Interactive functions, in the Infocaller script you can define actions of type “Query”. This action launches an HTTP call to the corresponding URL defined by the user and allows exchanging data between Infocaller and the client’s web application.
In the definition of each action of type “Query” (in the section “API Configuration”/ “Start” tab) the user indicates an URL, Query name and a maximum waiting time. Then, you can use the “Query” wherever you want in the Script.
The “Query” action will send via POST a JSON or XML structure with:
- Identification data and line authentication
- Variables with the call data
- User variables defined in other Infocaller actions prior to Query
The client application should respond to this HTTP request with a JSON or XML structure where user variables can be included which will modify existing ones in the call (with the same name) or they will be created as new variables.
If the appropriate answer is not obtained or if the waiting time expires, the action that the user indicated for these cases in the script will be executed.
The Infocaller actions that can create or use variables in Infocaller scripts are::
- CALL: The destination of a call can be specified by a user variable
- LIST OF CONDITIONS: in the script, allows you to define actions based on the evaluation of call variables
- The QUERY itself can use previously defined variables.
You can find detailed documentation in the help section of our web site or contact our customer service department at email@example.com